Convert Danish Kroner DKK To US DOLLARS
DKK is the currency abbreviation in the foreign exchange for the Danish krone. The krone is the official currency of Denmark as well as the provinces of Greenland and the Faroe Islands. The Krone is subdivided into 100 ore. The symbol for the Krone is kr. Another the name for the Krone is the Danish Crown.
Live Convert Danish Krone to Dollar Exchange Rate (DKK to USD)
What is a 1 krone coin?
The Royal Danish Mint started issuing these 1 Danish Krone coins in 1992. They are currently still in circulation. This 1 krone danmark coin has a diameter of 20.25mm and weighs 3.6g
History Danish Krone
- The first krone was introduced in the 1800s
- In 1873 the Danish rigsdaler was replaced by a new krone
- In 1924 Denmark joined the gold standard again, but abandoned it in 1931.
- In 1997 a new series of banknotes was released.
- In 2009 and 2011 new banknote designs were distributed.